There are still two open “FYI: Stained Glass Gallery” pages in the next issue of The Stained Glass Quarterly! You can find out more about having your work considered for publication by following this link. Remember, to be in “FYI: Stained Glass Gallery,” the work must be architectural and the photographs must be publication quality. Selections for these last two pages will be made this week, so email photographs to email@example.com today. Include the name of your studio, location, title and location of the window, and a few sentences about the installation and/or your studio.
Help fill the Kansas City Hyatt windows and win more than $3,000 in cash and stained glass products!
Let’s fill the windows at the Kansas City Hyatt with the beautiful excitement that is stained glass. As a member or affiliate in good standing you are eligible to really impress the new home city for the Stained Glass Association of America.
1st Place winner will receive over $3,000 in Cash and Prizes
- $500 Cash
· EvenHeat Hot Shot Kiln
· Free Registration to SGAA 2011 Syracuse Conference
· 50 Lbs. of lead from DHD Metals
· 25 Lbs. of solder from MAYCO Industries
· Kokomo Glass $275 Gift Certificate
· Reusche $275 Gift Certificate
· S.A. Bendheim $300 Gift Certificate
2nd Place winner will receive over $1,000 in Cash and Prizes
- $250 Cash
· 50 Lbs. of lead from DHD Metals
· 15 Lbs. of solder from MAYCO Industries
· Kokomo Glass $150 Gift Certificate
· Reusche $150 Gift Certificate
· S.A. Bendheim $125 Gift Certificate
3rd Place winner will receive over $500 in Cash and Prizes
- $125 Cash
· 50 Lbs. of lead from DHD Metals
· 10 Lbs. of solder from MAYCO Industries
· Kokomo Glass $75 Gift Certificate
· Reusche $75 Gift Certificate
· S.A. Bendheim $75 Gift Certificate
Enter Now! Winning Exhibition entries will be heavily promoted in The Stained Glass Quarterly and on the Stained Glass Association of America website.
Complete Exhibition Rules and Entry Forms at the Stained Glass Association of America’s main site: http://www.stainedglass.org/html/SGAAkc2010_exhibition.htm.
You can also register for the KC 2010 Conference and the Hyatt Hotel on the SGAA main website at: http://www.stainedglass.org/html/SGAAconfreg.htm.
Frequently asked Exhibition Questions:
The SGAA usually has an exhibition theme. Why an open theme this year? We wanted to show off the incredible variety of art that can be created with stained glass – open up your imagination to all of the possibilities of glass.
Why 2ft. x 2ft.? That is the largest size permitted for most airline carry ons. If you are flying, be sure to check with your airlines for specific carry on guidelines or rules for checking through a stained glass panel as luggage. Panels can also be shipped early to the SGAA Headquarters.
Can a studio enter more than one piece? Absolutely! The more the merrier! This is what some studios are doing:
- Submitting a team project representing their studio.
- Employees are submitting individual panels. At one studio, the employees are getting together after hours to work on their projects with experienced employees mentoring newer, less experienced employees so that everyone has a chance to create a quality exhibition piece.
- Studio owners are putting in entries in competition with their employees. What great competitive spirit!
- One studio owner has created a challenge to their employees. The owner will match the cash prize should an employee win first, second, or third place.
NOTE: Names will not be posted with the exhibition pieces until after the winning entries have been selected.
See you in Kansas City!
The Stained Glass Association of America announces the publication of Sourcebook 2010. The online edition of this annual publication is now available at www.SGAAOnline.com and, as always, the book can be downloaded as a complete PDF file from www.stainedglass.org.
The annual Sourcebook serves as a guide to the world of stained, decorative and architectural art glass, and as a directory of the membership of the Stained Glass Association of America. Last year 43,570 visitors to www.SGAAOnline.com viewed the Sourcebook as an online publication and downloaded it as a complete PDF, or downloaded parts of the publication as smaller PDF files.
The family of Albinas Elskus has put together a new website (http://www.albinaselskus.com/index.html) to commemorate the life and accomplishments of this great American artist and glass painter. Though the website is still in its infancy, the Elskus family can be proud of what they have already accomplished in creating a tribute to Albinas.
The Winter 2009 issue of The Stained Glass Quarterly is now in print! Additionally, stainedglassquarterly.com has been updated with new sample articles, including Part One of a series demystifying resolution in digital imaging and the latest edition of FYI: Stained Glass Gallery.
You can always find the latest information about the Stained Glass Association of America, the SGAA Stained Glass School and The Stained Glass Quarterly online at www.stainedglass.org, stainedglassquarter.com, and www.SGAAOnline.com.
In a negotiated plan with G & L Clothing, the Stained Glass Association of America is pleased to be able to offer discounts on work boots and clothing, such as Walls, Carhart, Levi’s and Dickies to its members and their employees. Contact the SGAA Headquarters for the discount code; then use it at www.gandlclothing.com to receive a 15% discount on your favorite size, brand, and style. For more information, contact the SGAA Headquarters at 800.438-9581, or visit www.gandlclothing.com.
SGAA Offers Discounts on Insurance for Members and Affiliates: The plans available through Association Pros will offer our membership:
- individual health for individuals, families, full and part-time employees;
- group health insurance (2-50) employees;
- student plans, travel and short-term plans;
- Medicare Supplements and Part D prescription benefits;
- guaranteed-issue limited medical plans and hospital indemnity;
- Long Term Care Insurance;
- Home Health, Assisted Living, and nursing home;
- Term, Universal and Whole Life;
- survivorship (second to die);
- key person;
- Executive Benefit Life.
Plus, there are programs for annuities; dental and vision; disability (short and long term), critical-illness and accident insurance; accidental death and dismemberment; chiropractic; Health Savings Accounts; discount prescription cards; business owners-property and liability, overhead, income and auto liability; workman’s compensation; auto and homeowners insurance; retirement, financial and estate planning; identity theft and legal services.
Also, members and affiliates can also receive Office Depot and Staples Preferred Member Discounts (10%-90% Savings). It has taken a great deal of time and research to put this program together, and we are very proud of what we will now be able to offer our Affiliates and Members, especially in an economy in which every penny counts. Plans are available now; to find out more, visit www.stainedglass.org, or call the Association Headquarters at 800.438-9581.
The Stained Glass Association of America is a professional trade association dedicated to the advancement, preservation, and promotion of the architectural glass arts. Discover for yourself the importance of the Association and all the benefits it provides you and the industry. Affiliation includes: four issues of The Stained Glass Quarterly; four issues of the Kaleidoscope; listing in the Sourcebook directory; the privilege of using the SGAA Swash logo; access to all Association insurance programs; access to Association discount programs. For more information, visit www.stainedglass.org.
The Stained Glass Association of America is proud to announce a new online forum for architectural stained glass. This forum is free and open to everyone with an interest in stained glass. Visit the SGAA Forum for more information.